Saturday, March 26, 2016

Two

There you are, another unremarkable snap. Taken at Gress here on the island. The point of showing you this is that the film is Foma Retropan 320 @640 and [slightly over] developed in their special developer.
Yesterday, it came to pass I listened to a bit of music in the dampish darkish room, shone a light through the neg onto some old but nice 5x7 Forte Fortezzo paper. I rather like the effect.



I've never really settled on one film or developer for that matter. I like messing. Not sure why I wanted to try this film - perhaps it was because I could. So I did. It's ok.

I much prefer foma200 to be honest - and any of the Ilford films. But when I made my short trip into the darkish damproom I contact printed a couple of the exposed glass plates given to me recently by the lovely and talented Kate Ferris. The prints are drying. You may see them sometime.

1 comment:

Graham Edwards said...

It is so long since I did my own developing and printing that almost everything in that post required me to be at least 18" taller. However I did use glass plates once upon a time (I had a splendid HUGE plate box camera which stored about 6 or 8 plates inside and you dropped them down with a lever) and I think I still have my Dad's Zeis Ikon plate camera but no plates and, to be honest, I'm too lazy to use it even if I have. I agree about Kate. Must meet up some time. I'll be hors de combat fro a while from 10 April when a new knee is due to be installed in my leg (well, one of my legs anyway).