Saturday, December 21, 2013



They have been digging around the village. I mean, not around it, not creating a moat so that the local councillors can add a duck shed but a whole hole to put new sewerage pipes in. They dug it down there and they dug it up there too but as yet the two parts do not meet. I rather hope that changes soon otherwise it might cause a few issues!


See, those there digger things and an up-market argocat type affair that The Crofter has been lusting over on account of it's ability to move without disappearing up to its oxters in wet ground. Makes hole digging a lot easier. But the weather has been against these fine workers. Not one chance to lean on their shovels and suck through their teeth [as they do in Engerland] without the lashing rain and howling wind freezing them to death.

I knew the ground was very wet after falling face first into a ditch whilst snapping up a flapping polyless tunnel. The ground gave way under my boot and down I went. The muscles and bones are a tad sore now!



Hopefully I shall be back to full steam in the morn so I can wish you all the best for whatever this time of year means to you. Until then, toodle doo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thankyou from Down Under for your 2013 blog and pics. - very much enjoyed.Best to you both for Christmas and the New Year - 27degrees and sunny. M and M

franco said...

[from Old English oxta; related to Old High German Ahsala, Latin axilla]
And In Venetian scagio - plural scagi. You may guess the right pronunciation by reading this: SKAJO.
It's raining a lot here too so if wandering out of the road "spariria dentro el fango fin ai scagi"(I should disappear up to my oxters in wet ground).

Regards, fr