Friday, November 15, 2013

I think I may have created a rod for my own back.

I think that's the saying I meant. I started a Friday post of other photographisers I rather like and so far my likes have come easily. For example, this one comes easily to mind. But how many more will come to mind I know not. We shall see.


To which, this week's snapper is the great Jean Gaumy. I know that's cheating a bit since he is a Magnum bod [as is D'Agata a little surprisingly - whose work I also like somewhat] but his 'Men at Sea' work is outstanding. With old fishing boats littering up the harbour in Stornoway, some of which actually venture out to sea from time to time, it is both amazing and great to see this work. Rather him than me I must say. The book is just fab BTW.

If you know anymore commercial fishing photography of note - preferably B&W, I'd love to hear about it.

1 comment:

mbt said...

Well not sure that this qualifies but

http://www.nealparent.com/