Monday, July 08, 2013

I did one too


I am writing this quietly and some what on edge as Her Highness Henrietta Cartier-Bresson is back home from a radical birth control op. Looks a tad sore poor little thing - not a happy bunny at all. In fact, she is a cat.

The intern came over today so we retired to the darkroom where he made his first print - fittingly a snap of the man at the photo shop in Stornoway. Not bad for a 13 year old. Once he had to go - small agreement with his dad on the grass-cutting front, I found this neg lurking in one of my neg-holders and decided to print it up. Mmm, I rather it. Gives a proper sense of an Italian cafe. At least the cafe we were in at Venice recently. Does it feel like that to you?

For the technically minded, the paper was Kentmere VC Select, the chemicals were whatever I had and the camera- I can't remember, but there definitely was one.

.

2 comments:

Dorothy Ross MacIver said...

I think it looks great! But I'm biased maybe :) Thanks A

Keith said...

Yes - looks like the cafe views in Rome when I was there. Wonderful places to take pictures . . .