Monday, January 28, 2013

There seems to be a little dog in my scanner!

I decided last night that I would post a one snap per day. I lay awake unable to sleep wondering why the radio on my phone had stopped working. I thought it might have been the end of the world and was actually so disappointed there was no 'phutt' as it ended. So dis-happied was I about that I woke Eve to tell her. She was not amused either - though  it seems not for the same reason! The signal came back on later on you'll be pleased to hear.

I happen to have a few cameras. A few too many me thinks and, since the house is so small [but cosy and happy] I must rid of some. Trouble is I can never seem to decide which must go. I mean, I love the Kowa6 - it's pristine, works like a dream has a lens so sharp one could cut yourself with the images it makes but, do I use it enough?? I'm not sure anyone would want to buy it anyway.


I have other cameras. I use the Zork6 a lot, The Olympus OM1n that belongs to my sister too. The Baby Pacemaker gets a look in when I feel strong and there's Mr Toots' 4x5 Graflex in the other room waiting for some more plates to expose.


To be honest, I often just use a camera because I have it - or can find it. Like the Minolta P&S I was shooting the other day, or even the Vivitar UW&S. I paid £1 for this little plastic wonder with its 22mm lens. £1 eh?- and they sell for £20 or so now secondhand. I would not sell mine for £30! There are no controls on it at all - which allows you to snap away with abandon. And I love the mess it makes of the images. Love it! You can see loads of images here,


Oh, and these three [three in 1 that is :-) ] portraits of a walk on the beach yesterday with Eve were taken with the UW&S and Rollei400s.

I must have a look inside the scanner because every-time I use it, it sounds like there's a puppy tying to get out!

No comments: