Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Here I am again. Possibly.

Fried egg on a face [without the egg].

See, look at that. That's me for goodness sakes.  I was sure I didn't look like that when I snook the snap with the borrowed MPP and an old Ilford 4x5 glass plate this morning. But the camera never lies so I must look like that.

Argh! I do look like that! Just been to the mirror and when I took a sneaky look at myself when I wasn't looking, I saw something like that above!  I can hardly believe it. Took me by surprise I can tell you.

Mr Toots loaned me the camera, and gave me back the plate back some kind fellow had sent me  while back. The Ilford R25 plates have been lurking around the place for years. I thought sensitised glass plates were the way to go so I acquired a few - only most of the plates I have are odd sizes - these are 4x5- and very slow and degraded emulsions. See here for some earlier efforts. But they still tell the truth don't they?

Now look here please.

No comments: