Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter solstice morning


What a wonderful morning. I was up early out at the back of the village trying to avoid the wasted energy [and cost] of the many village street lamps that burn here to see the lunar eclipse - a once in 372 years event. Hey, and I saw it. A little obscured by clouds from time to time but it was worth the effort. The air was calm if a little crisp and it glowed all around on the snow. Just wonderful. May it bring you health and contentment - and fertility if that's what you are after !!!

The wonderfulness of the morning was enhanced by a recent visitation to the Tolsta School 'Pantomime'. Brilliant and sold out too. We were all just wowed by Ruaraidh Wonka and all his Oompa Lumpas, Squirrels and assorted helpers. The house band was so good it will soon be seen at the Heb Fest I'm sure. I even managed to get a few autographs of the actors which I shall treasure till they are all famous.

2 comments:

MalcolmJ said...

Really nice pictures. I wish I could pare down my 'seeing'. You seem to be able to see and compose such simple pictures of great strength. Very inspiring. I took out an Olympus Trip today in the snow with some 100asa and tried to search for the same simplicity. Not as easy as it first looks. Keep warm up there. All the best Malcolm (Cotswolds)

Dom said...

Great shot! Seems like you had even more snow up there than in southern England - Heathrow was shut down completely over the weekend, no way to get up to Scotland...