Wednesday, March 02, 2016

I hate this



I don't hate much but I do not like this. Especially seeing it's next door/in front/virtually on a SSSI - the Gress Sailtings. The quads are everywhere up here. Getting more prevalent than old tractors almost but much worse for the place as they are used for 'sport'. When I say sport i don't mean racing the things - they do that on a track elsewhere but for trekking all over the place, digging up the ground in the process. There, that's my grump for the day.

1 comment:

Roy Karlsvik said...

I know exactly what you're talking about.
Over here we have a big debate going on around snowmobiles and the tracks they produce during winter. They have forbidden the things, which is a good thing for sure. The only ones allowed is for emergency use, and of course the people far up north when they need them to get their daily work done.
The quads are somewhat new over here, but they go under the same laws as any other motorized vehicle. There's no way you can legally drive it outside the roads unless you do it on a track.
It's no good when the terrain looks like this for years just because someone decided to have a couple of moments of fun.