Thursday, October 17, 2013

She's a 'proper' photographer and I know it!

Apart from the fact she mainly uses pixels, Lizz Cardwell is what one might term a proper photographer. I took advantage, she was sitting in the warming room yesterday and I took a snap or two. Proper snaps and everything - on film and almost in focus. That's because focus is hugely over-rated. I read that somewhere and I took it to heart. Bound to be true surely. Even HCB had off focus images that were wonderful - trust me.


I love this snap - taken with a Bronica that I have not really got the hang of. Something about this snap says "wow" and everything. I mean, look at the grain, the tilt and the hair. The mood and all.
.

That last one is even better than this one here. Although I had high hopes for it, it lacks a certain something the other one has. I shall ask Lizz as she sups her Cullen Skink tonight why that is. She'll be bound to know. She is a proper photographer after all.

4 comments:

Joe V said...

I like both photos, well done. That cullen skink sounds great.

Graham Edwards said...

'Snap' and 'Bronica' hmmm. Lots of wedding snaps charged for bigly by Bronica owners. My Uncle (a Rolei man) briefly owned one. I never got to use it. Shame.

James Dyas Davidson said...

Ah well, you'll get a fake one next week!
Yvonne, my wife, makes excellent Cullen skink so I'll try to get her to stink out the rented cottage and you can compare skinks!
So what was Lizz up to on Lewis?

Andrea Ingram said...

http://islandcrofters.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/404.html