Friday, October 18, 2013

Ragnar Axelsson & James Ravilious

Yeah! Rax has a new book. I rather hope Father Festival of Over Consumption can find a little corner to get it in my housey. The book looks fab. If it's anything like his last one - which I have in German [ the images are in English though] it's going to brill.

And yes the images are made on film. And yes his website is well worth your time to look at it.. Faeroe s and Greenland. Well, all of it really. I can't show you any of his work here but look here as well as web-site. And the Vid is brill.

After the late James Ravilious, I can't think of anyone's work I prefer. Yes, go and look at Mr Ravilous. It's wonderful work - made on real film with real cameras and proper silver gelatin paper of England of the rose coloured type. It moves me to tears almost. There a vid too.

If I had merely one image on the wall at home, it might well be this one. Just love it.

And if I could take just one image which moved me as much as work by Mr Ravilious or Mr Axelsson, I would be a very happy bunny

Archie Parkhouse and his dog Sally by James Ravilious © Beaford Arts


Photograph by James Ravilious © Beaford Arts

3 comments:

Andreios said...

Aye, I have the new book from RAX pre-ordered for some time now and I can't wait to put my hands on it... Thanks for sharing a nice word about both these gentlemen..

James Dyas Davidson said...

I love James' work. I have a documentary on him which I regularly watch. Beautiful images. I wrote a wee post on him not so long ago. I refer to him as an influence in my blurb. http://jamesdyasdavidson.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/james-ravilious.html

Graham Edwards said...

Wunderschön! Some beautiful and moving images as you said. You did make me laugh with 'the images are in English though'. Laughter in the morning is a Good Thing. Ta muchly.