Sunday, September 29, 2013

I don't know why I bother with a 'proper' camera when a 50p camera does the job just as well. Or better.


I put it down to incompetence on my part. I took this snap with an old Konica fx50 compact camera I found down the back of the settee. Put some self-rolled Agfa ASP traffic 400s film in rated at 800 [due to the DX coded canister I used] and guessed the development times. I must do that again.

I usually pose around with a RF camera of Soviet era, or a SLR I can no longer focus well. Manual exposure with lightmeter and everything. Point it at all the right things and all. Then for some reason I use this little box made of plastic and well, I rather like the results. Perhaps it's because I just have to point it at things and not think about what I am doing.

Perhaps this is why d*g*tal cameras are so popular - all the hard work is done for you :-)

1 comment:

James Harr said...

You'll never get this result from a digipic! Wonderful shot. I've wanted to visit the Isle of Lewis ever since I heard Dougie MacLean talk about it. Your photo makes me want to see it all the more.