Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A window of Opportunity


Toots and I were having a little conversation today. I'd already had my ticker taped, been to check Coelyne of the Coelynes is actually leaving the island - he was with Barry and Colin the tooth doing the lifting. I didn't stay that long. Once I'd eaten the bun, drunk the coffee and seen the 'boys' stagger around under the weight of an under-pinnner [eh?] I felt rather tired. Exhausted in fact. And the van was empty nearly at the time. That's why I left. Once I said goodbye and all that.

So, the Broadbay Agnostic Collective Small  Band has been formed. Toots on lead sax - the only sax as it happens. I'm on accordion and vocals. And Uke if I can find it. That's why we called it Small. The accordion fits me and I can make it squawk - a bit. A bit like the old punks couldn't play.  And I cannot sing like Victoria Beckham - but then it didn't do her any harm, either. And anyway, we are going to do free improvisation stuff so that won't matter either. Toots has already been thinkng of doing some music theory work - whatever that is - possibly like VanDyke printing but who knows.

So, keep watching as  we might be taking Christmas bookings as a sideline to my booming weeding snapping [sic] thing. [when I say booming, read 'potentially booming' once the word gets out].

No comments: