Monday, July 22, 2013

Ok, that's enough now


The heat has got to me. It was over 23C yesterday and it's too much. Can we turn it off now please?

Hector and Ishbell's extended 2013 peat stack is finished and shown here in full graininess for your delectation. I mean, if it cooled off a bit I'd go into the darkroom and make a print and what have you. I tried to use the sun yesterday to make some cyanotypes but my emulsion is dodgy and it all washed off. As a result, I shall be making new emulsion this morning. I did manage a Vandyke or two though but that emulsion batch is coming to an end unfortunately and it takes at least a month to mature by which time it will snowing or something.


So, you will have to make do with these two neg scans - the second of Hector's tractor with double wheels for the peats.

If I get round to it, I may just post a scan of a Vandyke I made - on Khadi paper. Eh, what about that then? Impressed?

1 comment:

Graham Edwards said...

I might be impressed if I knew what you were talking about. My days in the darkroom are long ago and far away and I only did 'ordinary' things.

It's a very long time since I made a herringbone peat stack...a very long time. That looks a real credit to the maker though.