Thursday, April 04, 2013

I have nothing to complain about. Still, that won't stop me!

Her Highness Henrietta Cartier Bresson in contemplative mood.

What a day. The sun is shining yet again and it's warm too. Just had a lovely stroll down the road chatting to all and sundry as one does. HHHCB is blooming nicely and should calve soonish rather than laterish I should think - unless of course she faking it just to get extra food. Only time will tell.

On arrival at the Village Shoppe I find Mrs Up Yours, her of Unhinged/Unsound/Unbound blog or whatever it is promoting the thing on TV outside the shoppe. At least I thought that was she was doing - and having a few local extras walk in and out of frame to make it look 'real' whatever that is. Then I find it's the local TV station filming a non-story about the papers no longer being flown at great financial and environmental cost to the island early in the morning. They will, instead come on the later ferry. Back to what it used to be - and back to what makes sense. Surely.

But the TV didn't want to hear a view that didn't match their non-story. They just want to hear people complaining. Only I was complaining about the papers coming by plane! Sorry. I want a biosphere to live in not just read about it's continued demise in the papers!

1 comment:

Dorothy Ross MacIver said...

They were trying to get me to be "Outraged from Tolsta" but I could barely muster a coherant syllable as I hadn't had time to apply more black eyeliner and I was going to be on telly.