Friday, March 22, 2013

This is what happens when you walk out with a 1930s camera under your arm.

The thing had been just sat there. Looking all sullen and what have you. She came into my acquaintance some 10 years ago when I just had to buy her at great expense. I had monies in my purse, the camera was there winking at me and I was hooked. She being a Viogtlander Bessa 6x9 rangefinder. I love her even if I don't walk out with her that often these days.


I have seen sharper pictures to be honest although it's not for the lack of a coupled rangefinder. And she is so lovely to handle - all her bits are in the right place - unlike many modern cameras.

Yes, yes, this little hoosey is for sale. I say 'little' but it's much bigger than the one I write from and is just round the corner. If it wasn't so cold and blowy outside I'd pop out and point it out to you. Now, if you'd like to come to our lovely village there is a great school here, a shoppe and Post Office, three local beaches and more sheep than you can shake a stick at. And no, I have nothing to do with the hoosey or the sale.

There are other hoosies for sale her too - and I might just go out and point a camera at them to see what it will look like. You might even find one with a Hebridean type fence in it.



No comments: