Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Fish out of water


I've been feeling like a fish out of water these last few days. All over the place [bed a lot actually]  and feeling fed up in the process I can tell you. Toots can relax because it wasn't his fancies that laid me low. 

I dragged myself out of bed this morning - after my pre-breakfast meditation - and decided that this day will be better. Loaded the Holga with some Rollei400s, searched and found the Perkeo that had a half-used roll of GP3 film in it and took off in our little red car.

The Pentland road is always nice - even in the rain. I stopped and shot some Perkeos and then a Holga or two. It's one of the rules of being a photographist on the island that one has to shoot 1: sheilings, 2: the stones 3; the beaches. I succumbed.
Sheiling on the Pentland Road - spur :-)

Later, I bumped into young Alexander in The Smoke. He's an ex-boy scout or something but a thoroughly nice man to boot. He always cheers me up - and he did. There he is, sitting in his 'wheels' or whatever the local parlance is.

So, I know I'll be panned for shooting the Sheiling, mocked for shooting the Holga and criticized for snapping a fish out of water [out of the freezer actually]. But who cares? Not me since I'm feeling better today :-)

4 comments:

Mr Leica Man said...

Hi Andrea

Glad you're feeling better. Getting out and wasting a spool or 2 always helps me feel better too - even if I thought I was feeling alright in the first place. Can't say I'm feeling exactly on top-of-the-world just now though 'cos I've been slogging my guts out all day long putting up hundreds of hanging baskets all around the town. Whew! and I only managed 1 photo too - with the iPhone:-(

gz said...

Good to hear you're feeling better

Sam Brightwell said...

I'll not mock you for shooting the Holga. I'll just scratch my head a while and wonder how you get such clarity and contrast in your Holga pictures?
My cameras are all sitting quietly in my camera cupboard at the moment, feeling neglected. Must be the time of year, or the cycle, or something. I'm only shooting my iPhone, which really isn't quite the thing I want. But it will do.

Ian said...

re: pic 1 - maybe not, are you an 'old fart at play' ;-)