Monday, January 05, 2009

Donata

This last festival saw me receiving a fine selection of books and one particularly I would like to commend to you. Tis a book called Islands of Silence by Donata Wenders . A wonderfully evocative book of lovely dreamy black and white images. Donata just happens to the partner of Wim Wenders the fine, very fine film director. I just love this book despite the images not being of a style that has interested me in the past. Something about these photographs has awoken a spark within me and may well influence my next turn in image making. Possibly. Anyway, tis a great book and although the link above is to a major retailer may I suggest you buy it - should you wish to do so at Beyond Words - a fine photography only bookshop in Edinburgh who also sell online :-) Support the small retailer eh?

No comments: