Saturday, September 20, 2008

Here we come


Despite not being able to sleep - hence me writing this at 5am or thereabouts - we, EVe & I are off to Barra for a wee visitation. I shall be taking a camera. Or two. Three actually.
In the meantime, while I am away enjoying myself, you can feast your eyes on this image - a white-tea toned cyanotype.

Which reminds me, I collared the local councillor the other day to press forward my ideas for making use of the old non-used sections of single track roads around the island and turning them into traffic free cycle paths. Now, wouldn't that be great! Cycle paths that everyone - including the kids - can cycle on without fear of being mown down by someone racing round the roads of the island in their over-polished car. Would take so little money to link these setions and have a little signage. Could be the start of Sustrans on the island. Environmentally kind transport and good for the health too.

What do YOU think?

Just to celebrate, here's an image I took today - using a pinhole camera - pinhole in baking foil - and captured on photographic paper then contact printed onto more paper. EH?

1 comment:

Mike said...

Nice work with the pinhole and the cyanotype. I've been flirting with the idea of getting back to both of those things, and you may have pushed me into it.
Good luck with the bike path project. Seems like a wonderful thing to be able to ride around an island without having to worry about cars. We've enjoyed getting back on bicycles in Albuquerque, but its a risky business.